Table of Contents
Online lottery has taken India by storm. It’s the perfect way to play legal lottery games wherever you are in the country.
In this article, you’ll find the best online lottery sites in India and other useful tips.
Visit FUN88 and play real money casino games
How to Play Lottery Online?
There are a number of sites that offer online lottery. I have listed the best of them on this page. Participating in a draw is super easy and doesn’t take more than a few seconds.
This is how you start playing the lottery online in India.
- Choose an online site to play.
- Sign up and deposit money to your player account.
- Select which game you wish to play.
- Choose your numbers.
- Pay for your ticket(s).
- Wait for the draw. Your winnings will be deposited into your account instantly.
How I Rate Online Lottery Sites
I thoroughly test the online lottery sites before recommending them to Indian players. Below are the main criteria I use for testing a lottery site.
- Ticket prices – I compare the prices of the same lotteries on different sites. I only recommend the site if the ticket price is fair and not overpriced. The sites with the most competitive pricing are rated better than others in my review.
- Lottery Games – I also check out the list of lottery games available to the players and rank those sites better which have the most number of games. There should be enough international games with their offline counterparts since that reduces the possibility of rigging them. Also, I make it a point to check the available Indian-branded lottery games and rate such sites better than others.
- Bonuses – I prefer choosing sites with a good welcome bonus and ones which offer regular promotions. The more casino bonuses, the better it is, but I also review the wagering requirements. I rate sites that impose lower wagering requirements better in my casino reviews.
- Commission on winnings – Many sites also impose commissions on the winning amount. I check this commission percentage and offer a higher ranking to sites with lower commissions.
- Payment methods – Indians prefer using payment methods like UPI or Paytm since they offer easy deposits and fast withdrawals. I prefer picking sites that offer more such payment modes.
- License – I select only sites with a trustworthy gambling license from authorities such as Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission, or Curacao eGaming. A good license ensures that lottery sites take responsible gambling serious. Sites without a valid license are ranked lower in my reviews.
- Usability – I also check the site for ease of navigation and usability. I prefer choosing sites with a responsive interface, filter functions, and ones that are user-friendly.
- Support – I also review the support function of the sites I pick. I recommend sites that offer prompt responses to customer queries, preferably 24/7 through multiple channels like email, phone or live chat.
Online Lottery Sites in India to Avoid
You might come across scam lottery sites online, and I feel it’s my responsibility to make you aware. For example, you might find online lotteries claiming to sell Sambad, Kerala lotteries, or any other government lotteries. You should know that all such sites are a scam, as no online sites are authorised to sell government lotteries.
Also, you might find legal sites that offer good games but are not up to the mark in other aspects. It could be unresponsive support or improper data security measures.
Here are four sites in India to avoid:
- Bhagyalakshmi: This site has no license, doesn’t list its ownership, and is purportedly involved in illegal operations. The six lotteries it offers are Opal, Topaz, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond are Indian lotteries that are not legal.
- Raj Laxmi: There are two lotteries offered under this, namely Raj Lucky and the Raj Laxmi. Their site looks very vague and untrustworthy on first look.
- PlayIndia: Again, they illegally offer lotteries such as Sangam, Chetak, Super, MP Deluxe, Bhagya Rekha and Diamond in India. You can even find their app on the Google Play store, but you should steer clear of them.
- PlayGoldwin: You can find multiple domains of this site on google, such as PlayGoldwin1, PlayGolden and Play Gold Online, which are probably created to dupe people of their money.
Free Online Lottery in India
If you want to want to play free online lottery for real money, there are a few ways, but it’s not always straightforward.
Below are some ways to get free online lottery ticket:
- Buy one, get one free: Some sites offer one free ticket with one paid lottery ticket.
- Subscriptions: Some sites such as Lottoagent and Thelotter offer free tickets to subscribers. So sign up on such sites and subscribe to earn free tickets without paying anything. You should check your email regularly as they might occasionally offer you a free ticket.
- Cashback bonus: Some sites, such as Lotto247, offer a 50% cashback bonus.
Experience several seasons of casino games when you play here!
all fun at FUN88!