Table of Contents
The government lottery in India has been popular for a long time. At present, only 13 Indian states have legalized state lottery. Only residents of these states can buy government lottery tickets.
Luckily, there are online alternatives available in the form of international lotteries that people from anywhere in India can participate in. Keep reading to find out.
Visit FUN88 and play real money casino games
How to Buy Government Lottery Tickets
You can only buy govt lottery tickets from authorised vendors. Government lotteries are only sold as physical paper tickets.
Follow these steps to purchase a government lottery ticket:
- Visit the official site of the state lottery department to check the available lottery schemes.
- Choose a lottery of your preference.
- Find an authorised lottery dealer selling tickets for that lottery.
- Add your name and address details on the back of the ticket.
- Check your ticket on the draw date to see if you have won.
How to Check Indian State Lottery Results
Here are some ways to check the results of the Indian state lottery.
- Official site of State Lottery Department
- Leading Local newspapers
- Youtube live streams
How to Claim Winnings from Government Lotteries
These are the steps to claim your winnings from a government lottery:
- Take a physical copy of the claim application form.
- Fill out the form, and attach the winning ticket with your signature.
- Get two passport-size photos of yourself and get them notarized to confirm your authenticity.
- Take a scanned copy of your PAN card and attest it.
- You will also need an identity proof document such as your driving license, voter ID card, etc.
Can I Play Government Lottery in India Online?
No, there are no free tickets given for government lottery games. You will always have to purchase tickets to participate.
Do I have to Pay Tax on Government Lottery Winnings?
Yes, winnings over ₹10,000 are subject to a 30% tax.
Which Was the First Indian State Lottery?
Kerala was the first state to introduce a state lottery in the 1960s.
Which is the Biggest State Lottery in India?
The Thiruvonam Bumper Lottery is the biggest government lottery run by the Kerala state government.
Which is the Best State Lottery in India?
The Kerala state lottery is the best, with Bumper prizes going up to ₹25 crores.
Which Was the First State to Ban Lottery in India?
Andhra Pradesh was the first state to ban lottery in 1968.
What is Dear State Lottery?
The Dear lottery is a company that distributes government lottery tickets, and it was founded in 1991. It is a member of the Asia Pacific Lottery Association and the World Lottery Association. It was the first company to telecast live draws on TV.
Experience several seasons of casino games when you play here!
all fun at FUN88!