Table of Contents
Jacks or Better is a variation based on classic video poker games. The game also has variations like Full-pay Jacks or Better and Progressive Jacks or Better. The game is very similar to 5-Card draw poker and will appeal to players who like both skill and luck.
In this guide, we will explain the basics of Jacks or Better, how to play the game, and give you some strategies on how to win. Keep reading below to find out more.
Visit FUN88 play any kind of card games
What is Jacks or Better?
Jacks or Better is known as being the first variation of video poker games. The goal in the game is to get the card Jacks or a card higher in rank than Jacks. The game combines both strategy and chance, which makes it an ideal game to play for a wide range of casino players.
Jacks or Better Rules
Jacks or Better is usually played with 2 rounds. The 1st round allows you to hold cards. The 2nd round is called the “showdown” where the results of the cards will be shown.
Before the first round can begin, you must place an ante. After the ante is placed, the dealer deals out 5 cards. Your task is to choose which cards to discards and which cards to keep.
The actual 1st game round begins, once you have managed to present a Jacks. If you don’t have a Jacks, you must muck your hand.Once you have mucked your hand, the machine deals 5 cards again.
In round 2, you must present a pair of Queens or better, before you make a bet. If you can’t present a pair of Queens or better, you need to muck your cards.
Once you have mucked your cards, you must place an ante. Once the ante is placed, you get 5 new cards from the dealer. As long as you remain in the round, you can draw up to a maximum of 5 cards per round. Each round always ends with a showdown, where you have to present your combination of cards.
To win, you need to get at least the card Jacks, or a card higher in ranks than Jacks in your combination of 5 cards.
To play Jacks or Better at an online casino, simply follow the steps below:
- Choose an online casino that offers Jacks or Better. You find examples of such casinos in our toplist above.
- Go to the section with games and find the category called “Video Poker”
- Open the Jacks or Better game
- Adjust the bet size with the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons on the bottom panel of the screen
- Press the button called “deal”
- You are presented with 5 different cards on the screen
- Choose the cards you want to use to create the best possible combination of hand. If you do not want to change any card, simply click “Hold”. “Hold” will keep the cards that you select and give you 5 new cards.
- Click on the button “deal”
- If you are lucky and you have got Jacks or a card higher in ranks than Jacks, you win and will receive a payout according to the paytable in the game
- To cash out your winnings, visit the cashier section in your casino and go to the payments sections.
Is it Legal to Play Jacks or Better in India?
Yes, it is legal to play Jacks or Better in India.
What Does Jacks or Better Mean?
It means that you need to get the card Jacks to win. Or a card better than Jacks.
How Much Money Can I Win Playing Jacks or Better?
The highest payout in Jacks or Better, is when you get a Royal Flush, which gives you a win of 800 coins.
What is Full Pay Jacks or Better?
A full pay Jacks or Better is called 9/6 Jacks or Better. This means that when you get a full house, you win 9 times your bet. The payout for a flush is 6 times your bet.
What are the Odds of Winning on Jacks or Better?
If you stick to a winning strategy, the odds for winning on Jacks or Better is 99.5%, which is higher than that of Joker Poker.
What is the Best Site to Play Jacks or Better?
We have listed the best sites on this page such as FUN88